We’re here for you and your loved one! Our staff is working remotely. To prevent the spread of COVID-19, our offices are closed to the public.
Harbor Hospice and Palliative Care is taking proactive measures to reduce exposure of COVID-19 and has developed an organization-wide response and mitigation plan to reduce exposure of COVID-19.
Based on the recommendations of the Muskegon County Public Health Department, MDHHS and CDC, Harbor Hospice and Palliative care has developed a “social distancing plan” geared towards reducing person-to-person contact.
Like other Hospice organizations across the country, Harbor Hospice and Palliative Care will implement these measures while continuing to provide visits and core services to our at-risk population in our five county service area.
The practice will be implemented from March 16, 2020 until further notice.
Please review the following:
Leila & Cyrus Poppen Hospice Residence
- Exterior doors will be locked at all times
- To protect our patients we are unfortunately limiting visitors in the building to 2 visitors in a 24 hour period.
- All visitors must pass a temperature and symptom screening upon entry and wear a mask at all times. Masks are provided upon entry.
- If able, efforts to provide phone calls and other electronic forms of communication will be provided.
- You may mail your loved one letters, pictures, and cards.
- Poppen Staff will contact you if your loved one’s condition changes.
- Our hospice and palliative care team is available if you, a loved one or friend is inquiring about services. Please call our office for additional information.
Thank you for helping to keep your loved one and our other residents safe during this challenging time.
Main office – 1050 W. Western Ave. Suite 400 Muskegon
- Only visitors who are essential for the day to day operations of Harbor Hospice and Palliative Care are permitted in the office.
- In home services are provided as necessary to meet patient needs.
- Most patient care staff are working remotely. A core team of administrative are present to handle business operations.
- All Scolnik Healing Center group and individual sessions are now being held through phone and video conferencing.
If you have questions, about these proactive measures, please call 231.728.3442 and ask to speak with the President/CEO or Supervisor.