April is National Volunteer Month. We appreciate them and They ARE Essential.
Our specially trained volunteers are available for companionship, errands, spiritual support and respite care.
All Harbor Hospice volunteers go through a comprehensive training. During the training, they see the many ways that volunteer help is used throughout the organization. Trained volunteers are then given the opportunity to choose how they would like to help. Our volunteers provide countless talents, skills and helping hands.
If you are interested in becoming an essential part of our team please call us today at 231.728.3442 / 1.800.497.9559 or contact us through our online message system. Thank you.
Our volunteers continue to support our mission during COVID-19:
- Trained hospice therapy dogs provide “window visits” at our Poppen Hospice Residence
- Volunteer grocery shopper weekly to keep fridge and shelves stocked at Poppen
- Volunteers continue to provide bereavement phone calls to follow up with families following a death
- Volunteers send cards and make phone calls to continue to connect with patients
- Patients have had their life stories documented and shared through phone calls with a volunteer
- Poppen Hospice Residence grounds continue to look beautiful due to the efforts of our volunteers
- Seasonal place mats are made to brighten meal time for our patients at Poppen
We love our volunteers. Thank you for all you do every day!